Saturday, February 23, 2013
Saturday is for savouring
This week, I have been grateful for...
1. A week of intense emotion. It was unsettling and difficult to navigate and culminated in a very intense session with my therapist (after a two month break) that saw me scuttling into bed at 7 o'clock that evening. Knowing that the next day's blues were all part of the process. Feeling greater spaciousness today.
2. This wonderful article: Nine Practices to HelpYou Say No courtesy of my bff.
3. Brave emails from brave friends, sharing their vulnerabilities. I am constantly awed by the women in my life. They give me hope.
4. This beautiful comment on my last Worthiness Wednesday post, from my friend Mesa aka The Deranged Teen. She made me see something I had totally overlooked. I love this girl's wisdom and perspective.
5. I know I have mentioned this before but I am totally smitten by The Wild Unknown tarot deck. I have started pulling a card a day and it has been completely -- and lovingly -- accurate. For example, the morning I was due to see my therapist, I drew The Hierophant. Yesterday, nine of wands. Today, two of wands. Love.
6. Clomid. Yup, I'm going to put it out there. I have started taking this "dirty drug" as a means of helping the fertility process. I have not felt any major side effects so far (other than a little hot and bothered, which hardly puts me in the minority in this week's Melbourne heat wave!) and a recent scan has indicated that it is doing its job. The rest is really up to the Goddess and I remain optimistic.
7. My mum and sister agreeing to put in some dollarage towards the leather jacket I have fallen in love with, for my birthday present. I feel I should add: it is a lot softer and less shiny and more flattering than it appears in the photo. It fits perfectly and will be brilliant for Melbourne in late Autumn and Winter.
8. Knowing that it is the last week of Summer! It has truly been a mild one: we've rarely had a day over 40 degrees Celsius, and the cooler evenings have been a boon. But these past couple of weeks have been trying. I love Autumn. Bring it on!
9. A wonderful skype session with my dear friend Phil aka Skinny Latte Strikes Back. We're working on keeping each other accountable with our various writing projects this year. I find every interaction with Phil to be inspiring and heartening. She's a true kindred spirit (one of the many reasons I think she's the bees' knees!)
10. I am saving this for last but it is my no means the least. My pal Cam aka CurlyPops had a lung transplant last week. The sheer idea of this just blows my mind, but her attitude towards her recovery has been nothing short of remarkable. If you're not following this gal on instagram then you really should: her courage and tenacity and sheer love for life humble me every single day.
As always, I am linking up with my dear friend Maxabella and her magnificent 52 weeks of grateful project. You really should get in amongst it: it'll hone your vision during the week for all the things you're grateful for; and you'll meet some completely delightful kindred spirits along the way. Promise!