Saturday, February 2, 2013
Saturday is for savouring
I am just going to put it out there. I am absolutely NOT savouring this Saturday. I am hormonal, I am crabby, I am grouchy at everyone, and just about everything is giving me the irrits.
And as counter-intuitive as it feels right now, I know that it is more important than ever to show up for my gratitude practice today. Humph! So, here goes.
This week, I have been grateful for...
1. The wonderful responses to my post about jealousy earlier this week. The truth is, the overwhelming majority of people in my world are kind and generous and always ready to cheer me on. And endearingly protective! I am so blessed to have so many kindreds in my corner.
2. An excellent first session for 2013 with my creative coach, Satyavani Fiona Robyn. It bodes so well for the year ahead, especially for my plans for my novel and this blog and who knows what else! I'm open...
3. Choosing to write "writer" in the Occupation box when filling out forms. After all, it's the truth.
4. This lovely recipe for lavender honey lip balm, all the more delicious for being written by a fella!
5. My little 'un's delight in her new Lego Batman jammies. We are not a brand-conscious house, as a rule, and have a deep-seated aversion to commercial television and radio, as well as franchised movies, music, toys and snacks. And yet, my littlie loves playing Lego Batman on the Playstation with her dad and her sheer exuberance when she wears these jammies puts a massive smile on my face.
6. Getting to February without a day over forty degrees Celsius. And having two or three days of hot weather followed by a cool change and a string of cooler days. It makes me so much happier when we can open the blinds and windows and allow the house to cool down. That said, February is usually a stinker! But we're on the home stretch to Autumn, my favourite month of the year.
7. Colette Baron-Reid's Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much. To say this book is a revelation is an understatement. And I don't just mean about food and weight-related stuff. Fantastic to learn new strategies too. I'm only half way through, and it's whupping my hide in the best of ways.
8. My friend Julie's beautiful new Great Round Mandala e-course. Oh my goddess, I cannot wait to get lost in this one.
9. My sweet man doing a hasty last-minute pre-work dash to the supermarket on Friday morning to buy a jar of Vegemite. Our little 'un has a cheese and Vegemite sandwich every day for lunch and we'd run out but the first day of kindergarten was likely not the day to try and convince her to try something else.
10. Our little 'un's courage on her first day of four year old kindergarten. And me not inhaling my body weight in chocolate cake on the way home (despite hundreds of cafes tempting me) from the pure emotion and relief!
10. + 1 Returning home from dropping her off at kinder, switching off the modem and my phone, gluing my bum to my seat and writing! Just as I said I would. I came up for air and an hour and a half had passed in a heartbeat... and I'd written 2,330 words! Pretty stoked, seeing as 1,000 words is my daily minimum. You better believe I bought a bottle of bubbly on the way home from picking her up.
I’m playing along with my sweet friend Maxabella’s 52 weeks of grateful challenge. I really love the way it encourages me to keep my eyes open for tiny moments to be grateful for, all week long. Be sure to stop by and add your gratefuls!
P.S. Do I feel better? Hmmm... no. A marvellous week is not enough to turn my frown upside down. The truth is: I am pretty happy within myself and with my life right now. Even cowgirls get the blues. Especially when they have PMS. Today, I'm just going to go with it. This too shall pass...