Saturday, January 19, 2013
Savouring my Saturday
This week, I have been grateful for:
1. The phenomenal surprise gift that arrived in the mail on Thursday morning from my dear friend Jen. Perfect, right?
2. My Swan Blessing story published over at Sacred Familiar. This is the first time I am breathing this story to a soul... it feels so safely held by Julia and Tony (whom I cannt thank enough).
3. My poor old back improving, slowly, slowly. And all the help (and lovely notes of support) I received all week.
4. This brilliant quote via the perennially magnificent Summer Pierre. I feel like it was written for me.
5. Attending a fantastic workshop at Writers Victoria with Kate Holden focusing on the art of the memoir. Meaty and most encouraging.
6. On my way home from the workshop, bumping into an old university friend -- actually, a lass who was probably my best friend during my uni years -- whom I hadn't seen in years. Having an exhilarating conversation with her about life and writing and love: she is in the process of a divorce; recently got her first tattoo; has had her poetry published! It can't have been coincidence that our paths crossed that day.
7. This beautiful piece via Roots of She. Spoke right to me and through me.
8. The beginnings of a brave conversation about my plans for my online offerings with my husband, including the agreement to develop healthy boundaries. Felt good.
9. This delightful little note in my email in-box from a kindred colleague: I need to tell you how your sharing of resources has had this wonderful ripple effect! The Word of the Year has gone as far and wide as a Christian Brother living in Geneva! And I am indeed Mondo Beyondo-ing. :-D
10. Going to see So Frenchy, So Chic with my beautiful sister tomorrow! The hamper is packed, the camping chairs are already in the back of the car, it's going to be a sensational 27 degrees Celsius (80.6 Fahrenheit) and we are going to chill the fark out. Yayyyy!
I’m playing along with my sweet friend Maxabella’s 52 weeks of grateful challenge. I really love the way it encourages me to keep my eyes open for tiny moments to be grateful for, all week long. Be sure to stop by and add your gratefuls: the little community that Bron has fostered over there is absolutely gorgeous.