Saturday, January 12, 2013
Savouring my Saturday
This week, I have been grateful for:
1. Brave conversations! For the first time ever, I made my parents sit down and hear me. And see me. Exactly as I am. A flawed, brave, wise woman. No longer just their child. I’d never done anything like this before and I was a bit of a wreck but more than anything knew that I’d never forgive myself if I chickened out. Then... driving home, felt the greatest sense of peace and spaciousness I have ever experienced.
2. Kindreds who truly get me. My bff and her lovely friend, who celebrated with me on hearing about the above. My twitter friends who sent me messages of support before and after. My darling sister, there every step of the way. My heart is whole.
3. Seeing Beach House at the Forum during the week. Mesmerising, powerful and simply gorgeous.
4. Finally achieving the haircut appointment that was aborted late last year due to a certain little person’s tantrums. She was the perfect angel and is now a perfect angel with one very cute haircut. I also managed to have my hair rescued from the disastrous hair cut experience of Christmas Eve. Never again will I be lured my day spa-eque opulence. There is something to be said for the daggy suburban hair salon, I’m telling you.
5. Plugging in my earphones to ease my way through some uninspiring repetitive tasks at work and listening to SARK’s Three Part Harmony. Damn, she’s brilliant, that woman.
6. Did you see that Adobe is giving away Photoshop and Creative Suite 2 for free? An oldie but a goodie and there’s not much by way of strings attached. Yay!
7. Going to a nearby public library with my little ‘un and borrowing the first in the Fitzroy Readers series. I nearly flipped when I saw that we started with “The cat sat on the mat”! Some things really don’t change, do they? My little cheeky chops delighted in saying “The cat sat on the RUG” so I suspect the purpose has bypassed her a little but, oh well, we’re keeping it fun.
8. Signing up for a terrific Summer reading program. A great excuse to make our trip to the library a weekly pilgrimage. The activity book for preschoolers is fantastic too!
9. Getting back in to Traditional Chinese Medicine. Having my first appointment this morning and already feeling things change. My body responds so well to acupuncture and cupping. And the dude I'm seeing is, well, a total dude. Feeling optimistic for the changes I am manifesting.
10. Succumbing to my inner nanna and ordering a funky shopping buggy! Now is the time to confess that I let my littlie stay in her pram for a lot longer than I should, just so I can drape shopping bags over the handle. Time to get her on the scooter and me walking alongside with buggy tow!!
I’m playing along with my sweet friend Maxabella’s 52 weeks of grateful challenge. I really love the way it encourages me to keep my eyes open for tiny moments to be grateful for, all week long. Be sure to stop by and add your gratefuls: the little community that Bron has fostered over there is absolutely gorgeous.