Saturday, January 5, 2013
Savouring my Saturday
This week, I have been grateful for...
1. Preparing for new year’s eve with a tidy house: fresh linen and towels, dishes washed, everybody scrubbed and polished. Spending the midnight hour with my sweet boyo, in fluffy bathrobes, sipping champagne, watching our favourite shows and dreaming of New York.
2. Manifesting, manifesting, manifesting. Taking my time to plan, dream and scheme for this beautiful fresh new year. Feels so very good. And so very potent.
3. But I am also deeply appreciating these reminders from Liz Lamoreux and Jen Louden to take a step back and take the pressure off . Yes. Totally.
4. Spending my first day back in the office preparing handover notes for when I go on Long Service Leave in four weeks. Sweeeeeet.
5. This very clever campaign, forwarded to me by my sister. Nova Scotia! Who knew? (To see what I mean, be sure to explore the whole site then, when prompted, click “I’ve seen enough”.)
6. Experimenting with spiced rum! Gathering all the spices felt like alchemy. And the smell was like heaven. I don’t drink spirits that often, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I suspect I will be grateful that my husband invested in a soda stream during the post-Christmas sales!
7. Signing up for Rachel Cole’s Ease Hunting. Her wisdom notes were THE most nourishing soul food over the holiday season. So I can’t wait to savour more of her tasty morsels in a few weeks.
8. Treating myself to two special purchases from tribehaus. This little online shoppe punches way above its weight with beautifully chosen quality pieces and seriously fantastic service. Can’t wait ‘til they arrive...! (Though I so wish I had the occasion, and figure, to wear this gorgeous number. Drool.)
9. Going to see The Wind in the Willows in the Royal Botanic Gardens this morning with my parents and my sister and my little ‘un and my husband. A lovely little family tradition in the making.
10. Today's cool change! Opening all the windows and doors after a heat wave would have to be one of the most delicious things ever. We have been militant in keeping our outdoor blinds down and keeping curtains and doors closed, but after a while our house just bakes. And everything feels hot to the touch. And a good night's sleep becomes a terrorising mirage. (Will have to get more creative on the airconditioning installation front in the new year, methinks!).
I’m playing along with my sweet friend Maxabella’s 52 weeks of grateful challenge. I really love the way it encourages me to keep my eyes open for tiny moments to be grateful for, all week long. Be sure to stop by and add your gratefuls: the little community that Maxabella has fostered over there is absolutely gorgeous.