Tuesday, July 10, 2012
What am I bored of?
I'm bored of...
* making To Do lists for other people
* comparison and competitiveness
* knocking my pan out just to be able to say that I have "done it all"
* trying to inveigle my way into particular creative/blogging scenes
* unwellness and trying to effing fix it
* bottling it in when politeness is not called for
* being seduced into the idea that I could be a painter (like, for reals)
* over-analysing everything for meaning and significance
* hours evaporating while my eyeballs are glued to other people's pixels
* being more afraid than I need to be
I'm NOT bored of...
* focusing on my number one dream project right now
* capturing everyday moments with my camera
* playing along with creative prompts in my own way, in my own time
* my beautiful sister
* painting for the sheer joy of it
* discovering music that dances through my soul
* listening to my body as it shows me what it needs and what it doesn't
* reading about all things creativity
* learning show my vulnerabilities
With thanks to the indomitable Alexandra Franzen for yet another life-changing prompt.