Sunday, July 1, 2012
Savouring my Sunday
I can't speak for the heavenly bodies, but something is going seriously retrograde in this one. Yet another sinusy-head cold thing. Tummy cramps. Sleep disrupted by an unwell littlie. Bad dreams. Waking to a general fuggy feeling of not-enoughness.
And feeling less than ever like blogging but knowing that this is the time when gratitude practice is more important than ever. So, today I am grateful for...
1. The bottlecap wisdom shared by husband, saved from his collection of boutique brews.
2. Brave conversations with my bff, opening the way for even braver ones. Knowing that our friendship is solid enough to weather the storms that pass through.
3. Pyjamas all day, all weekend.
4. Snuggling on the couch with my little 'un watching Kiki's Delivery Service. Smiling to myself at the uncanny timing of its message.
5. Picking up the crochet again. Considering making a little room for some encaustic play. Gentle creativity with no expectations.
6. This crazy amazing gorgeous album that otherwise defies description.
7. Switching to soy on advice from my Naturopath extraordinaire. Enjoying home made hot cocoa with Bonsoy. Love the way she gets me right away, and is working with me to make small gradual changes to my diet.
8. Completing the preparatory questions for my lovely creative coach. Thinking a lot about my life, and my creative life, in particular. Really looking forward to our first chat this coming Thursday.
9. Finally stitching up all our travel plans for Germany in August. Flights and accommodation booked. Nothing is seamless, nothing perfect, but it will do. Poring over photos of Berlin and started to get very excited.
10. Knowing that I can start afresh tomorrow...
For more succulent savouring, please be sure to stop by and say hello to my sweet friend Maxabella this week!