This week I have been grateful for...
1. This fantastic article from the Harvard Business Review (of all things!), forwarded by my bff.
2. My little 'un's adventures in photography, such as the above masterpiece taken at our favourite pizza restaurant.
3. The Work of Byron Katie. Bloody confronting but extremely powerful.
4. The idea of a Dream Day, as conceived by Tracey Clarke. She's a smart cookie, that gal.
5. Booking tix with a lovely friend to see This American Life at the cinema next weekend. I was spewing when I missed the actual live show when it came to Melbourne earlier this year, so was thrilled that she brought the cinematic version to my attention.
6. Succumbing to the temptation to order myself a Tymoshenko in the same colour as my hair.
7. Danielle La Porte's generosity and spirit. I feel like her book was written just for me. And we almost share a birthday!
8. My manager emailing me this quote, in reference to the dodgy behaviour of a toxic colleague, “You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes.” (John Wooden). I love it.
9. A really lovely birthday on Wednesday, including sweet messages, lots of cuddles, beautiful gifts, gorgeous food. Be sure to check back tomorrow when I will share images of the day as part of Sunday Snippets.
10. This wonderful birthday horoscope, courtesy of Free Will Astrology:
"Sometimes I think and other times I am," said French poet Paul Valery. Most of us could say the same thing. From what I can tell, Gemini, you are now entering an intensely "I am" phase of your long-term cycle -- a time when it will be more important for you to exclaim "woohoo!" than to mutter "hmmm;" a time to tune in extra strong to the nonverbal wisdom of your body and to the sudden flashes of your intuition; a time when you'll generate more good fortune by getting gleefully lost in the curious mystery of the moment than by sitting back and trying to figure out what it all means.
Getting gleefully lost in the mystery.... that is going to be my priority this weekend!
Be sure to savour more moments of delicious gratitude with sweet Maxabella today.