This week, I have been grateful for...
1. The goodfolk at Google contacting me to say that someone tried to log in to my email account using an application in Nanyang, Henan, China. I have no idea why someone would want to try and do this -- and I suspect it doesn't bear thinking about -- but I was grateful for their vigilance, and for protecting my account. Then I changed my passwords straight away.
2. My lovely new yoga and pilates class. Great timing, great location, great price. Lovely instructor(s). Relative anonymity in a room of five other women, all benign strangers. Investing in my first yoga mat (purple, yum). My little 'un has dubbed it my "ogre mat". Hmmm...
3. Discovering a new band, listening to the radio on the way to yoga. Alabama Shakes: I cannot stop listening to their album. Janis is alive and she is beautiful!
4. Managing to successfully book tickets for Jack White's Melbourne show. A bit proud of myself, because a week ago I didn't even know how presale worked. Got my jollies when I read that Alabama Shakes had supported Jack White's US tour. Sadly, they won't be coming to Australia with him, but I can't say I'm disappointed to be experiencing sassy-ass Lanie Lane instead!
5. My copy of Danielle La Porte's Fire Starter Sessions arrived yesterday. I'm two pages in and it's already blowing my mind. Seriously sensational stuff.
6. Making plans to wind down my therapy sessions over the next few months. Feeling good about that and good about where I am. I'm sure I'll be sharing more about this as I transition into this next phase of my journey.
7. A delicious rainy day "carpet picnic" lunch of doner kebab, dips, Turkish bread and salad, accompanied by The Wind in the Willows.
8. Picking up my bike from being serviced. Loving the staff at this bike shop: helpful, honest, not in any way patronising. Fantastic value all 'round. Then... loving actually riding my bike. Even the "fat blaster" uphill bits! Loving walking to my daughter's kinder during magic hour to collect my bike from where I left it, Alambama Shakes blasting my ears and rocking my soul as the shy turns pink then orange then grey. (So much so, that I actually walked down the wrong street!)
9. A decadent Wednesday morning. A public holiday but my daughter's creative play session was running as usual. So my husband and I took the opportunity to go on a brunch date, and discovered a gorgeous new local cafe (in the site of a lovely old pub) in the process. Then nooded around in our cosy warm home while it poured with rain outside.
10. My beautiful friends' creative celebration of her bedroom, as she courageously walks into the next phase of her life as a newly-single woman. Just listen to the things she has incorporated, and take a quiz at the linen she has ordered, below. (Note: this is not actually her bedroom, it's just a photo of the bedding she has bought.) I have warned her that when I visit, I may refuse to stay in the guest room if this room is as heavenly as it sounds!
A new white modern bed against high gloss yellow wall. Chandelier. Black and white zig zag curtains. A cool vintage chair. I want to find some old sign letters to go over my bed and say something ridiculous like "Wow" (not shabby chic, more the industrial kind).
For more creative celebrations and affirmations, be sure to visit Maxabella today!