Saturday, April 14, 2012
Savouring my Saturday
This week, I have been grateful for...
1. My daughter being offered a much-coveted place at the most wonderful kindergarten in our neighbourhood. We went in on Thursday to drop in the forms and she walked right into the room and started playing. The Manager was amazed by her confidence and ease. So proud of my little 'un. And, dare I say, of myself. (Would you believe that this kinder has a garden including special section just so the kids can savour the deliciousness of playing in mud?!)
2. Seeing James Vincent McMorrow live. Absolutely exquisite.
3. This fantastic blog post by Brené Brown had my shoulders coming down half a metre.
4. Discovering lots of wonderful self-care resources, prompting me to ponder what it really means for me. (More on that soon!) Discovering lots of tantalising writing opportunities in the process.
5. Browsing in my favourite little bookstore and, as always, stumbling on a little treasure that I'd never heard of but soon became my favourite. This time, a book about the artist Swoon. Seriously mindblowing stuff.
6. Deciding to get over myself and buy that pair of trousers, even if they are not the size I think I should be. This is the size I am now. And I really need smart trousers that fit me comfortably.
7. Discovering a Totoro plush during a shopping expedition. Happy times!
9. Taking micro steps to dig my bike out of the garden shed, dust off the cobwebs and get it serviced. Reading this delicious book was a great motivation... not that I ever look that glamorous or sanguine riding my bike. Sigh!
10. My sweet husband and little 'un making me quince pancakes this morning!
For more sweet savouring this weekend, be sure to visit munificent Maxabella.