Saturday, April 7, 2012
Savouring my Saturday
This week, I have been grateful for...
1. My spiffy new iPhone. Have been loving the learning curve! Getting right in to twitter and instagram, though am somewhat baffled at the number of porn stars that have signed up to follow me. (Seriously!)
2. A night of soaking in Yann Tiersen's extraordinary talent. Can totally see why he was the top choice for the Amelie soundtrack!
3. Andrea Scher's brilliant new Superhero Manifesto.
4. Signing up to meet the extraordinary Oliver Jeffers in Melbourne in a couple of weeks.
5. Sweet sunshine, seeping through my windows.
6. Feeling super grown-up and putting some new clothes on layby rather than splurging and placing myself in financial difficulty (for a change).
7. Rereading Geneen Roth's Women Food and God. I bought this book in New York 18 months ago, and [ironically] devoured it whole! This time around, nine pages in, I'm bawling my eyes out. It's exactly what I need to hear right now.
8. My husband's roast veggies: the smell, the texture, the taste. Heavenly!
9. Starting to feel a little better after the headcold descended into a chest infection, then the dodgy disc in my lower back enticed my whole back into spasm. Fair to say it's been glamorous times around here.
10. Deciding to screw the giveaway and give the copy of Spoonful to my sister, who never lets me down.
Be sure to savour more gorgeous gratitude with the mucho-magnificent Maxabella.