Friday, November 11, 2011
1. The gift to myself of these exquisite peonies.
2. My little 'un's recent conjunctivitis anchoring me very firmly in the present, tempted as I was to keep my mind floating in the past.
3. That said, I am even more grateful that her course of eyedrops is coming to an end. How parents of really ill children do it, I'll never know. This was only a case of dropping a bit of liquid into two gunky eyes but the wrestling and screaming that ensued felt like World War III four times a day!
4. Knowing that half an hour of tidying up around the house can calm me down and bring me back to myself, any time.
5. The universe rewarding my recent generosity in an equally generous way.
6. The special help I got this week: my friends and colleagues were so flexible; my Mum came in to babysit an extra day and helped me with eyedrop administration; my Mother-in-Law offered extra help and was a sympathetic ear; and my husband stayed strong but also went out of his way to check in and see how I was doing (especially when receiving all this help brought up all sorts of silly but strong feelings).
7. Goddess Leonie's fantastic post on blogging.
8. Coming to this realisation, thanks to the Dieting be Damned course and encapsulated in an email to my dear friend Jen:
So, right now, I am just committed to being me, where I am. I realised that one of my biggest self-limiting beliefs is that I should always be striving towards being thin (and if I am not striving towards this, then I should be beating myself up for it). Always, always, everything in relation towards being thin! And I am never going to be thin! I am naturally curvy. Sure, I’d like to be fitter, have more energy, make more nourishing food choices, stop using food to numb out feelings, feel sassy and confident in my clothes (and out of them!). But I don’t need to be thin for any of those things to happen!
Hardly rocket science, I know. But it feels like such a major shift for me and my life.
For more gorgeous gratitude, visit the gregarious Magpie Girl!