Reasons why I can't go to the Your Story Be Present Retreat in Oregon this June:
1. I would miss my little 'un, and feel bad for leaving her for a whole week.
2. It would inconvenience a lot of people, particularly where extra babysitting duties are concerned.
3. It would require a lot of forethought, planning and organisation.
4. The total cost, including an airfare from Australia, would be disproportionately high (and the exchange rate might no longer be in my favour by then).
5. It's a long way to go for a couple of days.
6. By the time I get everyone on board with the idea, places will have all booked up anyway.
7. My plane might crash. Or I might miss my connection at LAX. And I hate LAX.
8. It's not like my art or writing are all that important.
9. It would be a highly selfish, indulgent thing to do.
10. I am not worthy of this sort of opportunity.
Reasons why I should go:
1. It would make my soul sing.